TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PROGRAM, THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS ARE REQUIRED:
- Applicants must be 18 years of age (or 17 years and a high school graduate at the time of acceptance).
- Applicant must present a valid driver’s license.
- Applicants must be a high school graduate or have a GED. Must be able to provide proof if needed.
- Applicants must submit a DD-214 to verify military training and/or experience if a veteran.
- Applicants must be physically capable of performing the work of the trade and must have reliable transportation and willing to work anywhere within the program’s geographical jurisdiction no matter the relation to residence.
- Applicants must reside or have been a resident in the Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee’s jurisdiction for at least 12 months prior to applying. The jurisdictional area in which applicants must reside includes Jefferson, Harrison, Carrollton, Columbiana, Hancock, and Brooke counties. (There are certain boundaries in Carrollton, Columbiana, and Brooke counties that cross into other jurisdictions.)